Publications on the Pennsylvania Chronic Care Initiative
- Collaboration in Pennsylvania: Rapidly Spreading Improved Chronic Care for Patients to Practices – Patricia L. Bricker, MBA; Richard J. Baron, MD, FACP; Jorge J. Scheirer, MD; Darren A. DeWalt, MD, MPH; John Derrickson; Suzanne Yunghans; Robert A. Gabbay, MD, PhD. Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professionals, Volume 30, 2010
- Patient-Centered Medical Home and Diabetes – Trajko Bojadzievski, MD; Robert A. Gabbay, MD, PhD. Diabetes Care, Volume 34, April 2011
- Multipayer Patient-Centered Medical Home Implementation Guided by the Chronic Care Model – Robert A. Gabbay, MD, PhD; Michael H. Bailit, M.B.A; David T. Mauger, PhD; Edward H. Wagner, MD, MPH; Linda Siminerio, RN, PhD, CDE. The Joint Commision Journal on Quality and Patient Safety, Volume 37 Number 6, June 2011
Publications on Evidence Supporting the Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Patient-Centered Medical Home – How it Affects Psychosocial Outcomes for Diabetes – Bonnie Jortberg, Benjamin Miller, Robert Gabbay, Kerri Sparling, W. Perry Dickinson. Current Diabetes Report, September 9, 2012
- Outcomes of Implementing Patient Centered Medical Home Interventions: A Review of the Evidence from Prospective Evaluation Studies in the United States – Kevin Grumbach, MD; Paul Grundy, MD, MPH. Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative, November 16, 2010
- Care Experiment Yields Improved Health Outcomes – http://www.philly.com, July 27, 2013.
Publications on the Primary Care Extension Service
- A Health Care Cooperative Extension Service – Transforming Primary Care and Community Health – Kevin Gumbach, MD; James W. Mold, MD, MPH. Journal of the American Medical Association, Volume 301 Number 24, June 24, 2009
- Benefits of Implementing the Primary Care Patient-Centered Medical Home: A Review of Cost & Quality Results, 2012 - Report prepared by the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC)
To view a list of abstracts that have been presented on behalf of the PA SPREAD research team on the Chronic Care Initiative, click here.