Publications on the Pennsylvania Chronic Care Initiative
- A Positive Deviance Approach to Understanding Key Features to Improving Diabetes Care in the Medical Home - Gabbay, Friedberg, Miller-Day, Cronholm, Adelman, Schneider. Ann Fam Med 2013 11(Supp 1)
- Envisioning New Roles for Medical Assistants: Strategies from Patient-Centered Medical Homes - Naughton, Adelman, Bricker, Miller-Day, Gabbay. Family Practice Management. Mar/April 2013
- Implementing Effective Care Management in the Patient-Centered Medical home – Taliana, Bricker, Adelman, Cronholm, Gabbay. Am J Manag Care 2013;19(12):957-964.
- The Patient Centered Medial Home: Mental Models and Practice Culture Driving the Transformation Process – Cronholm, Shea, Werner, Miller-Day, Tufano, Crabtree, Gabbay. JGIM 2013. 28(9):1195-201.
- Stategies for Achieving Whole-Practice Engagement and Buy-in to the Patient-Centered Medial Home – Bleser, Miller-Day, Naughton, Bricker, Cronholm, Gabbay. Ann Fam Med 2014. 12(1).
- Collaboration in Pennsylvania: Rapidly Spreading Improved Chronic Care for Patients to Practices – Patricia L. Bricker, MBA; Richard J. Baron, MD, FACP; Jorge J. Scheirer, MD; Darren A. DeWalt, MD, MPH; John Derrickson; Suzanne Yunghans; Robert A. Gabbay, MD, PhD. Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professionals, Volume 30, 2010
- Patient-Centered Medical Home and Diabetes – Trajko Bojadzievski, MD; Robert A. Gabbay, MD, PhD. Diabetes Care, Volume 34, April 2011
- Multipayer Patient-Centered Medical Home Implementation Guided by the Chronic Care Model – Robert A. Gabbay, MD, PhD; Michael H. Bailit, M.B.A; David T. Mauger, PhD; Edward H. Wagner, MD, MPH; Linda Siminerio, RN, PhD, CDE. The Joint Commision Journal on Quality and Patient Safety, Volume 37 Number 6, June 2011
Publications on Costs Savings/Return on Investment in the Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Geisinger ProvenHealth Navigator Practice-Based Case Manager Certification Program
- Highmark Creates Alliance Meant to Change Patient Care, Doctor Pay. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Reducing Long-Term Cost by Transforming Primary Care: Evidence From Geisinger’s Medical Home Model. Maeng, Graham, Graf, Liberman, Dermes, Tomcavage, Davis, Bloom, Steele. AJMC 2012.
- Results From a Patient-Centered Medical home Pilot at UPMC Health Plan Hold Lessons for Broader Adoption of the Model – Rosenberg, Peele, Keyser, McAnallen, Holder. Health Affairs 2012.
- UPMC Expanding the Medical Home Model – Pittsburgh Business Times
Publications on Evidence Supporting the Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Patient-Centered Medical Home – How it Affects Psychosocial Outcomes for Diabetes – Bonnie Jortberg, Benjamin Miller, Robert Gabbay, Kerri Sparling, W. Perry Dickinson. Current Diabetes Report, September 9, 2012
- Outcomes of Implementing Patient Centered Medical Home Interventions: A Review of the Evidence from Prospective Evaluation Studies in the United States – Kevin Grumbach, MD; Paul Grundy, MD, MPH. Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative, November 16, 2010
Publications on the Primary Care Extension Service
- A Health Care Cooperative Extension Service – Transforming Primary Care and Community Health – Kevin Gumbach, MD; James W. Mold, MD, MPH. Journal of the American Medical Association, Volume 301 Number 24, June 24, 2009
- Benefits of Implementing the Primary Care Patient-Centered Medical Home: A Review of Cost & Quality Results, 2012 - Report prepared by the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC)